Time for a new experiment!
Here’s a quick roundup of stuff relevant to WoW rogues that happened, or was said, in the past week:
In the Live Game
- It looks like sometime on May 16 they implemented a hotfix that inadvertently nerfed the crap out of the legendary meta gem for melee DPS. It was quickly reverted, but if you’ve got that gem equipped and your DPS weirdly dropped yesterday, now you know why.
- PvP chief Brian Holinka reaffirmed that, despite the nerfs in store, he thinks rogues will still be better in Patch 5.3 than they were in 5.1.
- Patch 5.3 PTR: Death knights (particularly Unholy) got a damage nerf — via a targeted nerf to *our* Tricks of the Trade spell. It doesn’t affect our DPS at all, but let’s be annoyed about it anyway.
We still have no launch date for Patch 5.3, by the way. It’s looking pretty likely that shit’ll go down next Tuesday (5/21) or the Tuesday after. Also, I think “shit’ll” just became my new favorite word.[Updated] Patch 5.3 is likely launching next Tuesday (5/21), by the way, as announced by Blizzard a few hours after I initially posted this. “Shit’ll” is still my new favorite word, though, and I’m sorry I struck through it. Forgive me, shit’ll!
Blizzfolk Interactions + Random Tidbits
- We learned that you can’t use a Potion of Luck on a Vine-Cracked Junkbox in hopes of getting extra loot from it.
- Holinka appeared to disagree with players who felt that Marked for Death was overpowered in PvP.
From the World Wide Ninjaweb
- Encrypted Text this week provided a rundown of five particularly helpful rogue macros.
- A few of us had a pretty cool conversation in the WoW rogue forum, for a couple of pages starting here, about how much rogues have changed (or haven’t changed) since Cataclysm.
- Similarly, a forum thread on how people would redesign our three specs has been impressively cordial and constructive (for the most part), and is now five pages long.
- I started a comprehensive collection of rogue-related Blizzfolk tweets that you all should visit every single day and share meals with it and hug it and tell it it’s very pretty.
And that’s this week in rogueball (TWIRB).