We’ve got several rogue-related odds and ends worth noting over the past week. Pappy Rogue has you covered! (Please don’t actually call me that. I just felt the need to make a stupid tie-in to Father’s Day. Success!)
In the Live Game
- Y’know all those wacky stealth issues that many rogues have been reporting lately? PvP cap’n Brian Holinka offered a possible workaround for the problem on Wednesday — and then followed that up with a tweet this weekend that “a hotfix was pushed out to help with most of the stealth bugs.” Go forth and test!
- I’ve seen several anecdotal reports of Combat weapons dropping for Assassination rogues in LFR and heroic scenarios. If your loot spec is set to Assassination, you *should not* be seeing any axes, fists, maces or swords drop from LFR bosses or coin rolls (i.e., extra rolls you get by using a Mogu Rune of Fate or an Elder Charm of Fortune), as well as from heroic scenarios or any quest from the current expansion. If you’re getting a non-dagger drop despite your loot setting, please post to the WoW bug-report forum with a detailed description of where you were, what quest/boss/scenario you were in and what dropped.
PvE Thoughts: Combat Rogues, Tier 15 and the Global Cooldown
As the curtain begins to fall on Patch 5.3, some of the more geniusy among us have been looking back on our Tier 15 set bonuses and looking at their impact, especially on Combat rogues.
- Chase Christian’s WoW Insider column ponders what we learned about “ideal” global cooldown length (and about rogue gameplay) from the T15 four-piece bonus.
- Fierydemise blogged about how, contrary to long-standing wisdom, it may actually be worthwhile for Combat rogues to delay their cooldowns until they reach a higher Insight level.
PvP Thoughts: All Eyes on Assassination
In the wake of 5.3′s rogue nerfs, which most heavily impacted Subtlety PvPers, Assassination is getting ever-more attention as a viable PvP sec.
- LastRogue blogged on whether ’tis better to gem agility or mastery as a Mut PvPer.
- Snooky (a 2200-rated Mut rogue this season in a hunter-rogue-priest comp) started a discussion thread in the WoW rogue forum encouraging others to try out the spec.
I’m Pretty Sure That’s All…
- Oh, right. Something or other about a patch? Meh, whatever.
- Over this weekend, Holinka tweeted that our level-60 talent tier may still see some adjustments in Patch 5.4 (and even seemed open to players’ ideas). But no promises.
- Holinka also noted the designers’ feeling that when it comes to PvP class balance, rogue survivability is not a priority — that their ability to use stealth (when it works right) and to control their enemies is their niche, not their ability to outlast incoming damage.
- Finally, there’s been a lot of early player testing of the new-and-improved Killing Spree incoming for Patch 5.4. Holinka reminded us that, as is always true of early PTRs, numbers haven’t been tuned yet and they’re still just trying to make things work properly.
And that’s the week in rogueball. Make sure to scope out the Roguetwitpendium (which I really need to come up with a better name for) to see the latest Blizzard rogue-related tweets; most of the time I won’t bother to write full bloggy posts to highlight them.