Blizzard has updated its official Patch 5.4 PTR notes, and it turns out most of the rogue damage buffs we saw datamined yesterday are indeed legit. And the ones that aren’t? Those buffs are actually going to be BIGGER than was datamined.
Well, assuming this all sticks and it doesn’t turn out we’ve been a little overtuned from all this love.
So! Here’s where we’re at in terms of official new buffs being added this week:
- Fan of Knives is getting a 25% damage buff. (This is a little bit better than what the datamine suggested, which was in the 20% to 25% range.)
- Mutilate is getting a 40% buff. (Exactly as datamined.)
- Ditto for Dispatch. (Exactly as datamined.)
- Assassin’s Resolve will boost all damage by 30%, up from 25%; the portion that increases max energy remains unchanged. (This hadn’t been datamined at all.)
- Vitality’s attack power boost looks like it’s going from 30% up to 40%; its energy-regeneration portion remains unchanged. (The datamine had the AP boost going up to 35%, not 40%, so the reality is a bigger buff.)
- Revealing Strike is getting a 28% damage buff. (Exactly as datamined.)
- Sinister Strike is getting a further damage buff on top of its buff earlier in the PTR; in 5.4 it’ll do about 66% more damage than it had in Patch 5.3. (I think the datamine got this right.)
- Backstab is getting a further damage buff on top of its buff earlier in the PTR; in 5.4 it’ll do about 38% more damage than it had in Patch 5.3. (I think the datamine got this right, too.)
- Sanguinary Vein’s damage-increasing effect on bleeding targets is going up from 20% to 25%.
We’ve still got at least another two weeks ahead of us until Patch 5.4 hits the live servers, and plenty of testing to be done before that happens. So don’t be surprised to see further adjustments to these or other rogue abilities before all’s said and done.
I’ll update my full 5.4 patch change breakdown in a bit so we can see the full picture, and will add in theorycrafted DPS estimates once folks who are smarter than me have calculated them. But regardless, this is pretty clearly shaping up to be the most bufftastic patch the rogue class may have ever seen.