Sometimes, patches come with unexpected surprises — both lovely and not-so-lovely. While the official 5.1 notes/hotfixes cover most of the noteworthy stuff that’s changed for rogues in this patch, we’ve also got anecdotal (i.e., unconfirmed) reports coming in of the following, which I’ll update as more info becomes available:
Poisons not proccing properly with some abilities (including Mutilate, Fan of Knives). Reports and discussion are in this Bug Report forum thread.
- UPDATE 11/27: As per this tweet from Ghostcrawler (and a subsequent hotfix note posted on 11/28), this problem was fixed as of 6pm ET on 11/27.
Poisons not proccing properly during Shadow Blades. (Reported by numerous folks, including a few in this EU forum thread.)
- UPDATE 12/1: A hotfix on 11/29 should have fixed this issue.
Dancing Steel enchant now breaks stealth when it procs. (Reported by @Rei_Irr)
- This is probably related to some kind of interaction with the Subterfuge talent; a number of events seem to trigger the Subterfuge countdown, as noted within this thread in the WoW Bug Report forum. Best thing to do if this is really bugging you is to choose another talent in that tier.
- UPDATE 12/17: A hotfix on 12/13 should have resolved this issue.
Dancing Steel proc can no longer stack (i.e., be active on two weapons at once); if it procs on either weapon while a proc is already active, it simply refreshes the duration of the active proc rather than adding a second one. (Reported by @jjones186 and @Billynolegs, among others.)
- UPDATE 12/1: As Daxxarri explains in this forum post, this was an expected result of Dancing Steel being switched to the new Real PPM system. A hotfix applied on 11/29 added in the ability for all Real PPM procs to stack if the enchant is active on two weapons at the same time.
- ADDED 12/6: Poison buffs fall off when equipping a fishing pole and are not restored after re-equipping weapons (axe, dagger, etc.). (Reported by Bigbleed and several others; this is listed in the “5.1.0 MOP Known Issues” thread on the official forums)
- Using Cheat Death now applies a debuff with a timer, which should allow you to more easily track its cooldown. (Reported by Fierydemise)
- The Zen Alchemist Stone trinket got a buff: According to the in-game tooltip, its item level is now 458 (up from 450), it now increases mastery by 809 (up from 751) and its proc now increases our agility by 4353 (up from 4041).
Meanwhile, the following are even-more-unconfirmed-er anecdotal reports that at this point I’d qualify more as rumors than anything else. I’m only putting them here for the moment so I can follow up on them later; will move to the list above if they grow stronger legs.
When I was testing out the upgraded Zen Alchemist Stone on 11/29, I found myself getting some weird numbers whenever it procced — the agility boost it gave me didn’t match the tooltip, and appeared to change depending on my gear. Same for other agility increases, such as the Searing Words trinket and even my Alchemist’s Flask. I feel like I must be missing something obvious about how these things work, though. Will poke around further.
- Yknow, for a journalist, I can be pretty unobservant sometimes. :) Pathal/Pins reminded me that Reinforced Leather gives us a 5% agility bonus. I hadn’t even considered that it would apply to procs alongside everything else.
- Wound Poison tooltip not updated to reflect patch change (Busst)
- Subterfuge no longer fails to kick in when a stealthed rogue uses FoK or BoS (Busst)
Poison buff falls off when swapping weapons (Gimi)<this doesn’t happen for me>
- Some mobs have lost their pockets (Juggliest)