MMO-Champion and Wowhead have datamined what appears to be the second Patch 5.2 PTR build (
though as of this post, no new build was yet in place on the PTR server and which looks like it hit the PTR server within a few hours afterward). I’ve incorporated the new rogue changes into my big ol’ collection of datamined info, but here’s a layman’s summary of the apparent changes from the previous build. Please note, again, that datamining is notoriously unreliable and may not match up with official patch notes or the designers’ ultimate plans.
- The nerfed Blade Flurry will still copy 25% of damage, down from 100% on the live servers. However, that damage will now be copied onto *up to four* nearby targets, up from one. The energy regen penalty remains in place.
- Cloak and Dagger appears to have finally replaced Hit and Run in the level-60 talent tier. (This is the spot that replaces Preparation, which is going baseline.) Here’s a video from wavefunctionp of him testing out the ability on the PTR.
- The Burst of Speed tooltip has been updated to reflect what’s in the official patch preview notes: It costs 30 energy, down from 50 on the live servers, and it now breaks “movement-slowing” effects rather than “movement-impairing” effects (meaning it’ll still break snares/slows, but not roots).
- The Sanguinary Vein buff that’s already in the official patch preview notes now appears in the PTR tooltip.
- Our Tier 15 (new raid gear) set bonuses appear to be:
- Two piece: Increases the duration of your finishing moves as if you had used an additional combo point, up to a maximum of 6 combo points.
- Four piece: Shadow Blades also reduces the cost of all your abilities by 40%.