A new Patch 5.4 build has hit the Public Test Realms, which means a bucket of fresh datamining from Wowhead and MMO-Champion. Remember, datamining = not official (and not complete) unless otherwise confirmed by the Blizzertons.
Tier 16 Visual Preview
On the ooh-look-at-that front, we got our first glimpse of what the rogue Tier 16 raid gear will look like. Clicky on the images below to jump to Wowhead, where you can use a 3D modeler for a range of fun gear-glimpsing options.
Interesting that we only see three color options here, even though we’ll have four raid difficulties in 5.4 with the addition of Flex.
Tier 16 Set Bonus Changes
Meanwhile, on the set-bonus front, it looks like they may be starting to do some tuning on the rogue Tier 16 set:
- The energy “discounts” on the two-piece bonus have been reduced. The datamining is a little wonky on this, because it’s not capable of seeing every spec, and the energy discount changes from spec to spec. From what I can see on the PTR itself, the energy saving per stack of the “Silent Blades” buff is now 6 (instead of 10) for Assassination, 15 (instead of 20) for Combat and 2 (instead of 3) for Subtlety. The abilities that can trigger a stack of the buff are still Ambush, Backstab, Dispatch, Mutilate and Sinister Strike.
- The four-piece bonus has been altered for Subtlety. Instead of every fifth Backstab being “transformed” into an Ambush, each Backstab you use has a 4% of making the *next* Backstab you use into an Ambush instead.
Taken together, these changes should really bring the strength of the set bonuses down to earth for Subtlety.
Four New Glyphs — Maybe
And now, for the stuff that’ll get some of you pretty pumped: Wowhead also picked up a whole bunch of possible glyph additions/changes, some of which look awfully alluring. But there’s really no way to know yet whether the developers have any plans to implement them, so don’t get your hopes up too much just yet:
- Glyph of Hemorrhaging Veins: “Your Saunguinary Veins ability now also increases damage done to targets affected by your Hemorrhage.”
- Glyph of Recovery: “While Recuperate is active, you receive 20% increased healing from other sources.”
- Glyph of Redirect: “Redirect no longer has a cooldown.”
- Glyph of Sharpened Knives: “Your Fan of Kinves [sic] also damages the armor of its victims, applying 1 application of the Weakened Armor effect to each target.”
Remember, for a full rundown of Patch 5.4 rogue changes, lookie what I’ve got.