It’s one of those preciously rare weeks in the life of a PTR when the official notes end up almost perfectly matching what MMO-Champion and Wowhead datamined.
I did a superific job, if I don’t say so myself, recapping the rogue-related changes that those two sites spotted when datamining the last couple of PTR builds. Read that post through to refresh yourself on the details, but pretty much everything that had been unofficially observed has now been confirmed within the official Patch 5.4 PTR notes, which were updated last night.
- A buff to Evasion.
- A buff to Paralytic Poison.
- Six new glyphs (four major, two minor) added, four existing glyphs removed.
- A buff to the Glyph of Shiv.
In addition, two things I was a little uncertain about in my previous post have now been clarified in the updated official notes:
- The Glyph of Crippling Poison is indeed going way forevers.
- Combat rogues are indeed being compensated for the elimination of the Glyph of Adrenaline Rush: It’ll be “baked in” to the ability itself. This means that for all Combat rogues, whenever AdRush is active, they’ll see an 0.2-second reduction in the (normally one-second) global cooldown of Eviscerate, Revealing Strike, Rupture, Sinister Strike and Slice and Dice.
If you couldn’t already tell, this is shaping up to be a very buffy patch for rogues.