Posts Tagged ‘Cloak and Dagger’
Posted in Official Patch/Hotfix Notes, tagged Cloak and Dagger, Hemorrhage, hotfix, Patch 6.0, rogue, Warcraft, Warlords of Draenor, WoD, World of Warcraft, Wound Poison, WoW on Oct 19, '14| Leave a Comment »
Posted in Official Patch/Hotfix Notes, tagged Cloak and Dagger, exploits, hotfix, Mists of Pandaria, Patch 5.4, rogue, Siegecrafter Blackfuse, Strand of the Ancients, Warcraft, World of Warcraft, WoW on Oct 10, '13| Leave a Comment »
Sorry for two things: 1) the delay on this post (this hotfix is at least two days old) and 2) the fact that I pretty much have no clue what it’s about. I am posting it late at night (on the right coast, at least) in hopes that I’ll be able to alleviate my OCD-ish need to report this while still ensuring that almost nobody reads it.
The Oct. 7 update to the official Patch 5.4 hotfix notes (not to be confused with the Oct. 9 update, which is the day I’m writing this post, but not the day to which I’m referring, because that would make too much sense) included this:
Corrected an issue with Cloak and Dagger that could allow Rogues to bypass some targeting and line-of-sight restrictions.
Yep. So. That happened.
I was away from gaming and blogging for virtually all of the past week-plus, so you guys may have more clue than me what this was about. My educated guess is that it was meant to bring Shadowstep’s and CnD’s mechanics closer together. For instance:
- In PvP: The Strand of the Ancients battleground was recently tweaked to ensure that rogues could no longer Shadowstep to cannons, helping lead to extremely fast wins due to the increased power of bombs in Patch 5.4. A few rogues discovered, however, that Cloak and Dagger still worked on the cannons, which clearly was no longer intended. I’m assuming this hotfix addresses that.
- In PvE: Meanwhile, on the Siegecrafter Blackfuse fight in the Siege of Orgrimmar raid, one of the tasks us damage-dealers need to perform involves jumping into a pipe so we can be transported over to a conveyor belt where adds spawn. Adds spawn on the belt every 30 seconds, but we can only use the pipe once every 60 seconds (thanks to a debuff placed on us). A few of you clever roguetypes realized that you could use Cloak and Dagger (but not Shadowstep) to bypass the debuff and teleport directly to an add on the belt. I wouldn’t be surprised if the hotfix resolved that little issue as well.
If I’m wrong about any or all of this, please yell at me and cast aspersions in the comments.
Posted in Datamining, tagged Backstab, Burst of Speed, Cheap Shot, Cheat Death, Cloak and Dagger, datamining, Eviscerate, glyphs, Hemorrhage, Mists of Pandaria, Patch 5.4, Perculia, rogue, Shadowstep, Warcraft, World of Warcraft, WoW on Jul 10, '13| Leave a Comment »
Last night, a new Patch 5.4 PTR build passed under the ever-watchful eyes of MMO-Champion‘s and Wowhead‘s data scrubbers. There were several rogue-related changes that, for the most part, matched up nicely with the official notes that Blizzard had updated a day earlier.
Here’s what matches up:
- Backstab buff
- Hemorrhage buff
- Buffs to the entire level-60 mobility talent tier (Burst of Speed, Cloak and Dagger, Shadowstep)
- Cheat Death buff
Here’s what doesn’t quite match up:
- Eviscerate. The official notes say it’s getting a 10% nerf. The latest datamined tooltips suggest that its damage formula is being rejiggered so it relies more on our attack power and less on weapon damage. I’m inclined to trust the newly updated official notes more than the datamining, but suffice to say the jury’s still out on what exactly is happening with Eviscerate — and what compensation, if any, Combat would get if the nerf stays. Recent tweets from PvP commander Brian Holinka (one, two) drive home the point that this is still a pretty fluid situation.
- Glyph of Cheap Shot. MMO-Champ has picked up a tooltip change stating that the glyph increases the duration of Cheap Shot by half a second instead of a full second. Wowhead isn’t reporting this at all. Keep in mind that Blizzard’s official notes for Patch 5.3 already include a nerf to the glyph from one second to half a second, so this is almost certainly just a tooltip correction, not a new nerf.
- More possible new glyphs, maybe kinda. The last datamine spotted a gaggle of “not yet implemented” glyphs, including four interesting ones for rogues. A couple of those glyphs (but none of the rogue ones) have since found their way into the official patch notes, but most have not (and aren’t even available on the actual PTR), leading Wowhead’s content chief to wonder if they’re maybe not even part of this expansion. Regardless, yesterday’s datamining turned up another crop of “new” glyphs, one of which is almost certainly for rogues and the other of which may or may not be.
- Glyph of Improved Distraction: “Distract now summons a decoy at the target location.”
- Glyph of the Headhunter: “Abilities that throw weapons will now throw axes regardless of your currently equipped weapon.”
All we can do is speculate about datamining that doesn’t match up with official patch notes. Personally, I prefer not to bother wasting time on this kind of speculation and would rather spend my time on other fun things until we see something official.
Posted in Official Patch/Hotfix Notes, tagged Backstab, Burst of Speed, Cheat Death, Cloak and Dagger, Eviscerate, Hemorrhage, loot drops, loot specialization, Mists of Pandaria, Patch 5.4, PTR, PvP, rogue, Shadowstep, Subtlety, Warcraft, World of Warcraft, WoW on Jul 8, '13| 1 Comment »
After a few quiet weeks on the Patch 5.4 PTR front, a new update to Blizzard’s official PTR notes brings with it a whole mess of rogue adjustments. Here are your headlines:
- Subtlety’s combo point builders are getting buffed by around 15%. Backstab goes from 275% weapon damage up to 315%, while Hemorrhage goes from 140% weapon damage up to 160% with a slow weapon equipped and from 203% to 232% with a dagger.
- Eviscerate is getting nerfed by 10%. A few things on this change:
- This partly offsets the BS/Hemo buffs noted above, and provides a small nerf to Combat, as Fierydemise’s early calculations suggest. I’d be pretty surprised if this isn’t offset by buffs to Combat PvE in other areas as the PTR progresses.
- This also reduces the burst power of Combat rogues in PvP who may want to use Marked for Death to score two quick Eviscerates. That may seem moot right now, but Combat may well make a resurgence in PvP next patch thanks to the ability to target-focus Killing Spree.
- The net result of this nerf and the BS/Hemo buffs should be that Sub rogues become less bursty in PvP. Meanwhile, they should also have more uptime on their targets, because…
- Our entire level-60 mobility talent tier is getting buffed.
- Burst of Speed’s energy cost will be cut in half, from 30 energy to 15. (Remember that the cost was 60 at the start of the expansion.)
- Cloak and Dagger’s range will increase from 30 to 40 yards. (The stealth restriction looks like it’s staying put.)
- Shadowstep’s cooldown will drop from 24 seconds to 20.
- Cheat Death is getting buffed. When it activates, it’ll reduce damage by 85% instead of 80%.
- Non-dagger weapons should stop dropping for Assassination rogues in LFR and heroic scenarios, fixing up the frustrating bug I posted about last week.
Nothing official yet on the possibly-maybe-new rogue glyphs that were datamined last week. We also have yet to see any concrete word from Blizzfolk on their hopes and plans for our PvE Tier 16 set bonuses, which are still going through adjustments (as I also noted in last week’s datamining post). We’re still likely in the early stages of the Patch 5.4 PTR, though, so expect many more adjustments — as well as more complete explanations of class changes — in the weeks (and perhaps months) to come.
WoW Community Manager Rygarius is back from his vacation, and that means an update to the official Patch 5.3 PTR notes. On the rogue front, the update certifies three changes we already caught wind of last week, either via developer tweet or datamining:
- The sharp right turn on the Cloak and Dagger change is now in the notes. Instead of having the range nerfed, it will only be usable in stealth (which doesn’t include Shadow Dance).
- The Find Weakness PvP nerf/PvE buff mentioned by Brian Holinka is now in the notes.
- The Revealing Strike duration buff that was datamined last week, but otherwise wasn’t publicly discussed by anybody official, is now in the notes.
For a full rundown of rogue changes coming up in Patch 5.3, you know where to look!